The Township’s Environmental Affairs Advisory Committee (EAAC) is inviting interested individuals & HOA representatives to their September meeting to discuss several environmental initiatives that will be beneficial to the Township and its neighborhoods.
This meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 27th starting at 7:00 pm at the Public Safety Building, located at 91 Union Street across from Freedom Park.
Topics to be discussed & invited presenters include:
1) Open Space & Farmland Preservation – Green Acres Recreation & Open Space Inventory
2) Sustainability Efforts – Sustainable NJ Program & benefits
3) Hartford Crossing Trail Project Update
4) Guest Speaker: Mike Haberland, Rutgers Cooperative Extension Service: Detention Basins – purpose of and benefits of letting them grow naturally
5) Guest Speaker: Richard Parks, Twp. Director of Neighborhood Services: Leaf & Brush collection programs – Strategies to reduce the amount of leaves and brush put out for collection
6) Guest Speaker: Kevin Sparkman, Pinelands Preservation Alliance and environmental advocate: Ideal Native plantings for local neighborhoods
We plan to keep this meeting to a 1.5 hour maximum; and there is time allotted for a Q&A with each presenter.
Questions and comments can be directed to the attention of Beth Portocalis, Liaison to the EAAC. A live video-stream of this meeting is planned for those who are unable to attend; and as with all video-streamed meetings, the footage is archived and can be viewed anytime on the Township website via this link: http://www.medfordtownship.com/content/233/243/967/default.aspx