The Township Council is extending an open invitation to residents interested in serving on the Township’s Planning Board, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Economic Development Commission, Neighborhood Services Advisory Committee, and Environmental Affairs Advisory Committee to fill annual appointments beginning in January 2017.
Residents interested in an appointment to any of these Boards and Committees shall complete the Application for Appointment to Citizen Advisory Boards that can be found on the homepage or Board & Commissions page of the Township website, or in the Medford Municipal Building at 17 North Main Street. This completed application, along with a brief cover letter and/or statement of qualifications to serve, must be submitted to the attention of Kathleen McCrink, Township Manager’s Office, 17 North Main Street, Medford, New Jersey 08055 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Those individuals currently serving on any Board with a term expiring on December 31, 2016 are asked to send an email or letter to Mrs. McCrink should they wish to be re-appointed for another term.
All applications and requests for re-appointment should be received no later than Tuesday, November 1, 2016.
For more information or to request an application be e-mailed or mailed, please contact Mrs. McCrink at 609-654-2608 x334.
MEDFORD COMMONS ASSOCIATION, INC
12 SEPTEMBER 2016
7 P.M. MEYERS BUILDING
A. Approval of August 9 2016 Minutes
B. Treasurer’s Report
C. Environmental Committee
1. Storm related mounds reseeding
D. Architecture Committee
1. Electrical power to lake 3
1. Unleashed dog
2. Annual Meeting
H. Preliminary 2017 Budget
I. Executive Session
NEXT MEETING OCTOBER 10, 2016
The Township’s Environmental Affairs Advisory Committee (EAAC) is inviting interested individuals & HOA representatives to their September meeting to discuss several environmental initiatives that will be beneficial to the Township and its neighborhoods.
This meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 27th starting at 7:00 pm at the Public Safety Building, located at 91 Union Street across from Freedom Park.
Topics to be discussed & invited presenters include:
1) Open Space & Farmland Preservation – Green Acres Recreation & Open Space Inventory
2) Sustainability Efforts – Sustainable NJ Program & benefits
3) Hartford Crossing Trail Project Update
4) Guest Speaker: Mike Haberland, Rutgers Cooperative Extension Service: Detention Basins – purpose of and benefits of letting them grow naturally
5) Guest Speaker: Richard Parks, Twp. Director of Neighborhood Services: Leaf & Brush collection programs – Strategies to reduce the amount of leaves and brush put out for collection
6) Guest Speaker: Kevin Sparkman, Pinelands Preservation Alliance and environmental advocate: Ideal Native plantings for local neighborhoods
We plan to keep this meeting to a 1.5 hour maximum; and there is time allotted for a Q&A with each presenter.
Questions and comments can be directed to the attention of Beth Portocalis, Liaison to the EAAC. A live video-stream of this meeting is planned for those who are unable to attend; and as with all video-streamed meetings, the footage is archived and can be viewed anytime on the Township website via this link: http://www.medfordtownship.com/content/233/243/967/default.aspx